The library has three Meeting Rooms available for reservation and use by the public. We welcome use that supports the library’s goal of serving the educational, cultural, intellectual, and civic needs of the Lincolnwood community.
Eligibility to Reserve a Meeting Room
- Lincolnwood resident with library card in good standing
- 9th grade and up
- Non-profit, non-commercial
- Be present during the reserved time
Guidelines for Use
- Meeting rooms may be reserved up to 2 months in advance, but no less than 2 business days prior to the room use
- Meetings can be held 1/2 hour after the library opens, and all meetings must end 1/2 hour prior to close
- All meetings must be open to the general public
- The library does not charge a fee for using meeting rooms
- Some food and non-alcoholic drinks are allowed, for example individually bagged snacks, juice boxes, whole pieces of fruit, cookie trays
- All meetings must be non-commercial and no sales are allowed
- Read the Meeting and Study Room Policy for more details
The library’s three study rooms are available for quiet or group study, meetings and conference calls. Each room accommodates up to four people and comes equipped with a monitor and HDMI connectivity. HDMI cables and adapters are available at the Adult Services desk.
Eligibility for Study Room Use
- Lincolnwood resident with a library card in good standing
- A non-resident with a library card in good standing registered at Lincolnwood Library
- 9th grade and up
Reserve a Study Room
- Read the Meeting and Study Room Policy to learn rules and expectations.
As stated in the policy, "The Library Director or designee reserves the right to determine use of the rooms, assess fees for use of the rooms, and cancel or reschedule all arrangements, with or without cause or reason, and without liability." As such, room preferences will be taken into consideration but are not guaranteed.
- Resident and non-resident library cardholders may reserve study rooms in-person at the time of booking up to one 2-hour block of time per day, based on availability at the Information Services desk.
- Lincolnwood resident library cardholders can reserve study rooms up to 1 week in advance on a first-come, first served basis, and can be booked up to one 2-hour block of time per day. Advance reservations are limited to 5 per month. Advance reservations can be made in-person at the Adult Services desk or by calling (847) 677-5277 x1841 or (224) 233-1841.
- Study Room users can stay longer if there is no demand for the room.
- Study Room reservations will be released 15 minutes after the scheduled time if someone does not arrive for their reservation.