Computers are available to use while you are at the Library. Options include:
- Stand-up guest computers that are best for quick use that you can use for 15 minutes.
- Sit down computers for adults that Lincolnwood resident cardholders can use for up to 4 hours and nonresidents can use for up to 2 hours. High school aged teens who can work quietly at their respective computers may use the computers in the Adult Services Department.
- Youth stand-up and sit down computers are reserved for the use of children, younger teens, and the caregivers who have children with them and must remain nearby.
For your privacy, all documents, files, and folders saved to Library computers are erased after each session. To keep work, email it to yourself, save it to an Internet service, or move it onto a USB flash drive or hard drive.
See the printing, copying, scanning, and faxing page for information about printing.
A free, wireless network is available throughout the Library.
Use your device settings to find and connect to LPLD-WiFi and set your device to remember the connection for future visits.
Technology accessories for sale at the Circulation Desk
- USB Flash Drives (2GB) - $5
- USB Flash Drives (16 GB) - $10
- CD-R & CD-RW - $1
- DVD-R & DVD-RW - $1
- Headphones - $5
If you need help connecting to WiFi or using computers, ask at the Adult Services or Youth and Teen Services desks, call us at 847-677-5277, or email us.
To learn more about various technology topics, see our archive of on-demand technology classes.