Youth & Teen Service Librarian
If you love sharing your favorite J fiction and graphic novel titles, and programming for school aged children (K-8) this could be the role for you!
The Lincolnwood Public Library District is looking for a creative and enthusiastic full-time Librarian to join the Youth & Teen Services department. The ideal candidate will have a positive, flexible outlook and be as comfortable leading a storytime as they are hanging out with our after-school tween crowd.
This position reports to the Head of Youth and Teen Services and will work closely with other members of the Youth and Teen Services team as well as staff from other departments.
Main responsibilities include:
- Providing friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable customer service, including reference and readers’ advisory.
- Collection development and maintenance.
- Developing and presenting programs that respond to the needs and interests of youth and their families.
- Assisting patrons using our computer equipment and technology, and connecting them to online resources.
Other duties may include:
- Representing the library at community events
- Community and school outreach
- Serving on library committees as assigned
MLIS from an ALA-accredited graduate school. At least one year of experience working with and providing programming to youth/teens in an educational or public library setting required. Intermediate-advanced computer and information technology skills required.
Salary range begins at $22.10-$25/hour, DOQ, with a 37.5-hour in-person workweek. This position includes working evenings and approximately one weekend/month. This is an IMRF pension qualifying position that includes 100% employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance. Additional annual benefits include paid holidays, 18 days of paid vacation in the first year (23 days a year after the first year), and 12 days of paid sick leave.
Lincolnwood Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Preference will be given to applications received by December 4, 2023. To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Sarah Mitchell-Mace, at email@example.com. Only email submissions will be accepted.