Library closed for tornado watch
Out of an abundance of caution, the Library closed Tuesday, February 27th at 7:30pm with predicted heavy weather.
Library of Things
Libraries loaning “stuff” isn’t a new concept. Framed paintings were available for checkout at the Newark (N.J.) Public Library back in 1904. Lincolnwood’s Library of Things doesn’t have framed pictures, but you can take photos and videos with a GoPro, binge watch a favorite Netflix or Disney+ show using a Roku, or ditch the Ethernet cables with a WiFi hotspot and more.
We hope you enjoy the Library of Things and we hope you’ll share with us on social media using the hashtag #LincolnwoodCreates.
- Items can be checked out by Lincolnwood residents.
- Items within the Library of Things have various age restrictions. See the details about Library of Things items below or contact us if you have any questions.
- Each item checks out for 2 weeks and can be renewed once if no one else has placed a hold on the item.
- Patrons can place holds on Library of Things Items via our online catalog or by contacting the Adult Services Department at 224-233-1841.
- If you keep an item past its due date, you will be charged $1 per day until you return the item.
- Each item has replacement costs if lost or damaged.
- All Library of Things items must be picked up and returned to the Ask Us Desk for Adult Services staff to process.
- Do not place Library of Things items in the parking lot or lobby drop box. Do not return these items to the Checkout desk.