Lincolnwood Public Library is looking for an energetic, creative, dynamic, and public service-oriented professional to lead its busy Adult Services Department. The Head of AS is responsible for the organization and administration of planning, budgeting, developing, implementing, and evaluating the department’s services, collections, technology, and personnel.
The Head of Adult Services is responsible for …
- Supervising five staff members, including hiring (as needed), training, scheduling, and evaluating: three full-time positions and two part-time positions
- Managing the department staff’s selection of adult collections and online resources, outreach efforts to adults and seniors, reference and reader’s advisory services, and presentation of programs that respond to the needs and interests of our diverse community
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting up-to-date statistics
- Developing and maintaining the department’s budget
- Enforcing policies and procedures and acting as the Person in Charge as needed
- Serving as a member of Management Team and assigned committees
Select "Download Description" to see the complete Job Description.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited graduate school. Three years of professional experience providing library service to adults, with at least two years of supervisory experience preferred. Intermediate to advanced computer and information technology skills.
Salary & Hours: $58,000 - $65,000 DOQ for a 37.5/hr in-person workweek. Includes working one evening per week and weekend rotations.
Benefits: IMRF, 100%-Employer-Paid health plan with vision and dental insurance, paid holidays, 18 days of accrued paid vacation for the first year (23 days after the first year), 12 accrued days of paid sick leave
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, and three references by email to Vandana Sehgal, Head of Business Services. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Lincolnwood Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.